Wednesday, June 22, 2011

An Update on Cleaning House

I realized that I never updated you guys on my personal challenge to clear out all of the clutter in our house. I am happy to say that while I definitely did not come anywhere near meeting my three week goal; I did make a pretty huge dent.

First and foremost, Mike and I went through all of our clothes and donated 14 garbage bags of stuff to Goodwill. We have both lost quite a bit of weight since moving down here. I think the nice weather makes you want to look nicer in less clothing. (c: We also both had stuff that was just old and no longer our style so off to Goodwill it went. It was liberating. We also both took shopping bags worth of clothes to our local tailor for alterations. Some stuff, like Mike's suits, would just be prohibitively expensive to replace.

I did the same with Emma's closet and playroom, but her stuff went into plastic bins in the attic for our next kid.

I think I have done all that I am going to be able to do with selling  my parents old records and cameras. If anyone has an idea of someplace to donate them/ sell them, please let me know. I am all out of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment